Saturday, April 25, 2009

If I had a hammer . . .

One of Evan's birthday presents was a hammer and toolbench (thanks Bunn family!) and Heemstra family lore is that John had one of these as a kid and used to play with it for hours on end. Like father, like son.


Evan is such a fan of the hammer that he walks around the house hammering at everything. This is usually entertaining, but occasionally results in "Evan, no, no" when he decides to hammer things like the heat radiators (and, of course when we say "no, no" he just turns and laughs at us). It is also entertaining at bedtime when he won't put down the hammer and insists on switching it from left hand to right and back again multiple times as we change into his pajamas.

Oh, and the title of the post is because every time I see Evan with his hammer it reminds me of the song:

If I had a hammer
I'd hammer in the morning
I'd hammer in the evening
All over this land
I'd hammer out danger
I'd hammer out a warning
I'd hammer out love between my brothers and my sisters
All over this land

No comments: