Thursday, July 30, 2009

I love ice cream!

Last weekend we flew to Chicago to see my Grandpa and Grandma Heemstra, and also to celebrate Uncle Rick's (he's my Dad's cousin, so I think that makes him my uncle . . .) wedding. I got to enjoy some of the fun things that come with summer, like splashing in the pool


and eating ice cream (yum!).


We also stopped in for a visit with my Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Heemstra, and they fed me cookes (also yum!).


Although I had fun playing outside, I also found many ways to entertain myself indoors. At home in Boston, I'm not allowed in the kitchen because I try to tip over the bikes and eat the dog food. So, it was a big treat to be able to wander around Grandma's kitchen and take things out of the cabinets to play with (yup, in that last photo I am in fact trying to drink a can of baked beans).


I also discovered the joy of climbing stairs and getting blanket rides around the family room.





What a busy weekend! Thanks Grandpa and Grandma for all of the fun (and ice cream!). I can't wait to visit again!

No comments: