Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Run, Mama, Run!

Last weekend the boys got to spend some quality time together while I competed in my first post-baby triathlon. The race was in Waterville Valley, NH and the setting was absolutely gorgeous - mountains and pine trees everywhere you look. Unfortunately, due to the cold rainy summer we've had, the water temp was 53 degrees - a bit more chilly than the average of 72 that I was expecting when I signed up. I did have a wetsuit, however said wetsuit did not have sleeves as when choosing it I had reasoned "well, I don't need a full suit because I would never want to do a tri where the water is colder than 60."


The race was fun , but by far the highlight was getting to see John and Evan at each transition. Thanks to their awesome encouragement, I even finished under my goal time! After the race, John told me that he was surprised that he was able to get a picture of me on the bike because I was going so fast . . . thanks John - that made me feel better about getting passed by a bunch of racers in pointy helmets (if you don't know what I'm talking about, google "time trial helmet").


While waiting for me to finish the run (yeah . . . that was probably a long wait) Evan was playing in the grass and decided to share his cheerios with the local wildlife. We returned to the scene of the crime later in the day to capture these photos.


Evan seemed to have a fun weekend people watching and taking in the action, but he was also a big fan of the new water bottle that mommy got for finishing the race.


Thanks John and Evan for an absolutely wonderful weekend! I love you guys!

No comments: