Sunday, September 13, 2009

Boston sandbox

On our vacation to Lake Tahoe, Evan had such a great time playing in the sand at the beach that we thought we should try to make him a sandbox to play in at home. I've heard a saying that "everything is bigger in Texas" and I can't attest to whether or not that is true, but one thing I have found is that "everything is smaller in Boston." So, we bring you Evan's very Boston-sized sandbox.


His favorite part of playing in the sandbox was shoveling up sand and tossing it into the air. We joke that by the time we move he will probably have filled in the whole space under the patio. It's a good thing sand is cheap . . .

Also, I caught this big smile on Evan the other day and thought I would share it with you. One of his fun new games is to pile a bunch of his stuffed animals into a box and push them around the house while making car noises. Here he is with "Tim Bob", which my brother's friend Brandy made for him last Christmas - there's a matching "Lucy Lou" but she's already in the "car." Maybe if Evan gets enough driving practice, he can take a shift at the wheel on our next trip to Chicago.

No comments: